LARA DIAGNOSTICS AB
LARA Diagnostics AB develops a handheld medical device for quick, easy and quantitative assessment and screening of diabetes peripheral nerve injury (DPN). We aim to digitalize and quantify nerve diagnostics to improve screening, monitoring and decision support for a modernized diabetes care.
MARKET NEED & POTENTIAL
50% of the world´s 480M diabetes patients develop PN, heavily increasing the risk of chronic pain, foot ulcers and amputations. Half of those affected have no symptoms, contributing to DPN being significantly underdiagnosed (67%).
Current guidelines state the necessity of large fibre analysis in diabetes patients, and recent studies show that small fibre analysis may be an even earlier sign of nerve impairment. Further novel data show reversibility of early DPN with strict glucose control, and that 80% of amputations can be avoided provided a change in detection and management. Quantified double diagnosis of DPN may therefore play an immense role in future of diabetes care, and add the missing piece in the puzzle of how to track all 4 major diabetes complications in an e-heath setting.
Together with more than 50 healthcare professionals and researchers in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, England and the US, LARA Diagnostics has developed the first truly portable device for investigation of vibration and temperature thresholds. It is compatible with e-health and digital systems and can be applied to the whole healthcare chain to harmonize examinations
- Screening. In accordance to current guidelines, screening for DPN is essential.
- Monitoring & identification. Identify patients at risk in time.
- Digitalization NEQST comes with wireless connectivity, verified to be compatible to e-health solutions and digital platforms.
- Availability. NEQST can provide harmonized results in the whole healthcare chain.
- Individualized care. NEQST supports individualised care, prioritization of resources and the shift to advanced diabetes care.
LARA Diagnostics device is patent pending.